[Folkus Project] Diane Zeigler and Larry Hoyt this Friday at May Memorial

Upcoming Folkus events FolkusFans at folkus.org
Tue Nov 15 23:11:09 EST 2005

Folkus Fans!

This Friday at May Memorial, Diane Zeigler returns to Syracuse. The winner
of eight national songwriting awards, Diane is a skilled performer with a
quick laugh, and her live shows offer a full spectrum of entertainment and
inspired musicianship.  She combines a crystalline vocal style with
distinctive open-tuned guitar work, crafting songs that have earned her
respect among songwriters and critics.
    Word is that Diane is bringing her band, husband Geoff Sather on bass
and harmonies and the very talented Syracuse native Adam Frehm on dobro, lap
steel, and electric guitar.  Adam has performed with a who's who of top
musicians, from Jamie Notarthomas to the Cheiftans. Wow.

As an extra bonus, we have Syracuse's own very avuncular voice of folk
music, Larry Hoyt opening the show.  The host of "Common Threads" on WAER,
Larry will play a few selections you're likely to find on his album
_Folksinger/Songwriter_.

This is the music we love! This is who we are!
   Joe

LIKE TO BAKE?
Make a donation to the May Memorial Unitarian Universalist Society in thanks
for hosting the music we love by bringing cookies, cakes, confections or
other creative concoctions to this Friday's concert. Yum! Thank you!

UP-COMING CONCERTS:

Friday, Nov 18: Diane Zeigler Band
Crystalline vocals and deft guitar-work
With special guest: Larry Hoyt
@May, $10
<http://www.dianezeigler.com/>

Friday, Dec 2: Northern Lights
Veteran bluegrass band creates a new tradition
@May, $15
<http://www.northernlightsband.com/>

Saturday, Dec 10: Brooks Williams with special guest Paul Asbell
An acoustic jazz, blues, & folk guitar summit
@Westcott, $12
<http://brookswilliams.com/>

Friday, Dec 16: Dan Duggan & Peggy Lynn
Master hammered-dulcimer player & Adirondack songwriter celebrate the season
@May, $10
<http://esperanceproductions.com/> <http://www.quercusmusic.com/>

The Winter & Spring 2006 season is oh, so very close to being set!  You'll
learn about it soon!

--To reserve seats at May Memorial concerts, email <tickets at folkus.org>,
    or call Jackie at 315-440-7444
--To reserve seats at Westcott Community Center concerts, call 315-478-8634

Directions to the venues can be found on the web at <http://folkus.org/>
    The May Memorial Unitarian Universalist Society is located at 3800 East
        Genesee St, Syracuse.
    The Westcott Community Center is located at 826 Euclid Ave, Syracuse.

For more information about the Folkus Project, please visit our web site at
<http://folkus.org/> or contact Joe Cleveland, Artistic Director, at
<joe at folkus.org> or 315-457-2290.